- We are looking for a Mid-Level Big Data Engineer specialized in large data manipulation applications and large databases.
- Responsible for designing, coding, testing/debugging, documenting and maintaining complex databases and their respective python data applications (existing and new ones).
- The engineer will work closely with a stakeholder group and teams to turn data into critical information and knowledge that can be used to make sound business decisions.
- It is essential that the engineer builds an understanding of the business at a level of detail that he/she can translate the business process into code.
- The Big Data Engineer will provide solutions that will process data that is accurate and reliable and ensure the information is easily available to users for direct consumption or integration with other systems. This includes working with the wider data team to design and document dashboards, alerts, and reports.
- Document and implement new data applications (mostly written in python) and databases in partnership with business users.
- Maintain existing python applications and their related data sources/databases. Support, resolve issues and implement improvements tickets with applications under your responsibility.
- Provide reliable estimate dates and respect timelines for your projects and tasks.
- Create and maintain related technical documentation.
- Create end-to-end automation (from sourcing data till application) to reduce manual efforts.
- Understand the data in the business context.
- Present complex technical solutions in simple language to business users.
- Be technology agnostic, open to learn new tools and technologies by taking initiatives according to the business needs.
- 5+ years hands-on experience with Python with data manipulation orientation (not web). Must have experience with: NumPy, SciPy, Pandas.
- 3+ years of work experience with ETL, data modelling, and business intelligence.
- 3+ years of work experience with SQL, specially MYSQL, in querying large data sets.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering (preferred), computer science, system engineering or similar degrees.
- Have worked in projects using Apache Spark or Hadoop.
- Business analysis skills and experience. Have dealt directly with users collecting, documenting requirements and managing projects timelines and expectations.
- Committed to company’s interests.
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Remote (PAN India)